We live in a difficult world, in difficult times. Everyone it seems, has an opinion, and it's not easy to figure out what to believe about life, why we are here, and what is the purpose of it all. We have our inner moral compass, and just when our instincts tell us we may be on the right track , someone we may look up to is caught in some area of moral failure, or a religious leader falls to the temptation of the world.
Well, I found out the hard way (See "My Testimony"), that there is really only ONE uniform source of truth, and that's the Holy Bible. It's not RELIGION but THE BIBLE. This is not to convince you of the reality of the Bible as truth, but instead is for folks who are past that step, and just don't know what to do with what they know is in the Bible.
Before we get into the practical steps which lead you into receiving Yahshua as Savior, let's look at some simple but profound facts, using the Bible as our standard of truth, otherwise this all would just be one person's opinion. I know that the Bible seems to have contradictions and inconsistencies, but really, that's only how it appears on first look. Many men of religion have translated the Bible, THEY MADE MISTAKES. But Yah the creator saw that the ORIGINAL TEXT would be preserved so WE could know what the real story was. No man can really know the truth of the Bible without 2 prerequisites:
1) He must be open and honest, so that he can be led of the Holy Spirit. The Bible is understood by Divine revelation, not by intellect alone. The Bible says "The spirit of truth shall teach you all things".
2) He must receive the revelation in steps, as he lives out the principles of the Bible in his daily life. As you are led into what you need to know by the Spirit, and live out that which you discover, the seeming contradictions and inconsistencies are revealed to be MISTRANSLATIONS or a failure to understand the context. When you STUDY the Bible in this light, the true harmony of the "whole counsel of Yah Vah God" becomes evident.
So...the first revelation you need is of the Messiahship of Yahshua (Jesus the Christ). After that get ready for the rest of your life, as Yah Veh God produces in you the character and attributes of a true follower of him and his purpose for your life.
Here's a few other concepts to grasp before we begin:
1) Don't get religion, get relationship. The first step is not about churches, personalities or organizations. It's about getting right with Yah God. After that YAH can place you in a fellowship of believers where you can grow.
2) Don't judge Yahshua by his followers and don't judge Christ by Christians. Followers of the Messiah and Christians are just people. Leaders fall and fail, but you don't hear that much about the ones who serve Yah Veh God faithfully, never cheat on their wives or husbands, and never get in trouble. Do you? Believe me, these far outnumber the ones you hear about. Get your eyes off of men, and look to Yah Veh God for your answers. If you approach Him with an honest, questioning heart, He will satisfy your need to know. (Seek and you will find....)
3) Don't wait to get your life together before you get right with Yah God. This is a "come-as-you-are" party. Yahshua loves you right where you are. It's only he who can affect real change in your life, because real change only comes from the inside out. Our attempts at self-improvement are usually working from the opposite premise, and that kind of change seldom works, and NEVER works on the eternal level.
4) Don't make the mistake of thinking that you are too evil for Yah God to forgive you. The Bible says that "when we repent, He is faithful and just to forgive, and cleanse us fromALL unrighteousness. If you are truly repentant, there is nothing that cannot be forgiven. Yahshua (Jesus) loves YOU, no matter what your past.
5) Don't think that if you become a follower of Messiah and his teachings, that you won't have fun anymore. Hollywood, TV, books etc., have in general painted Messiah's followers and Christianity to be something for a bunch of losers..dried up prunes of people who have lost their zest for life. That is Not true. Yah veh God will change your mind about what you think is fun, but true Followers of the Messiah of Israel and Christians have real joy in their lives and really know what real fun is. I'm glad the days of partying down and "having fun" without remembering what happened to me because I was passed out are over. What kind of fun is that?
Let's move along, with a few more facts to consider:
1) Everyone in the world has missed Yah Veh God, and needs to be saved. No matter who you are, without Yahshua in your life, you are lost. No matter how good a life you may lead, you are lost without Messiah. All Mankind has fallen and needs to have relationship (communication) with Yah Veh restored, which can only happen through the final sacrifice of Messiah. When He died it was punishment for our sin; And when He arose it was to make in us a NEW Spirit, to be joined to the Holy Spirit (I Cor. 15:45).
2) Your salvation cannot be earned. This is something Yah Veh God has done for us, we can't earn it, we must just receive it. The Bible says " it (salvation) is a free gift, not by working for it, so no one can think that he is better than another because he has it". This is a big contrast when compared to what many religions and gurus teach.
3) Your salvation cannot be learned. You don't need to go to Bible school to be saved. Wouldn't it be unfair if only theologically literate people could get right with Yah Veh God? No, God made this so simple that a 10 year old child can receive Yahshau (Jesus) as savior. He truly made it so simple that "the foolishness of Yah would confound the wisdom of the world." It's a matter of faith, not intellect.
4) You must recognize your need. You ARE a foul depraved Yahless person, as we all are before receiving Yahshua. Even the good things you do have a selfish agenda if you are really honest about it. You must be willing to call sin SIN, and turn from it, and let Messiah change your lifestyle completely, be willing to die as He did and follow Him. Difficult club to join, wouldn't you say? Yes, and I want you to know it isn't always pretty. It's losing your life for His sake that you may gain it back. It's suffering sometimes because you do the right things even when it isn't popular to. It's not easy. Don't join if you're looking for an easy way. Yet, at the same time this life is filled with joy and satisfaction. Think of the life that Yahshua (Jesus) led. Full of suffering, rejection and pain, and yet Yahshua was the happiest most well-adjusted person who ever lived, because He did it YAH's way..
4) You must receive Him by faith. You won't know all the answers, you may not even have thought of many of the questions. It's a matter of knowing in your heart that what Yahshua said is right, then acting on it.
What did Yahshua say?
1) "I am the way, the truth, the life. No man can come to the Father if not through me."(John 14:16) He didn't say, as many gurus and spiritual leaders of religions say that "He knew" a way to get truth, He said He WAS the way the TRUTH, the life. He also said He was the ONLY way. (A hard one for a lot of people, but I didn't say it, HE did.)
2) They that call upon the name of the YAH shall be saved.(Ro. 10:13) Self explanatory.
So.. How do I receive Him?
It's so simple you may have a hard time believing it. No costly seminars
to attend, no years spent in Bible school, only a simple prayer of faith.
Here are the steps, (not a formula, but steps)
1) Repent. Recognize your sinfulness (make mistakes) and be willing
turn from your ways. Be willing to change what needs to be changed.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9, KJV).
2) Receive His forgiveness. He died on so that you may be forgiven. Your forgiveness was purchased 2000 years ago. Receive it now. "For Yah so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16).
3) Don't wait for a bolt of lightning. Most conversion experiences are not dramatic. You may or may not experience an emotional release, it doesn't matter, we walk by faith, not sight.
4) It is necessary to believe in Yahshua as Yah (God) in the flesh,
that He rose from death and conquered sin. This is something you must
believe by faith. No one has pragmatic proof of these truths. But we do
have the Holy Spirit and history with eye witnesses that wrote us a record
that will confirm these facts to you by that "inner witness", that compass
inside that says "this is true"....
"that if you confess with your mouth, "YAHSHUA IS MESSIAH," and believe in your heart that Yah Veh God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."(Romans 10:9).
5)" Confessing with your mouth."(above scripture). I believe there is power in spoken prayer. Try it now; say "YAHSHUA is Messiah", and feel the power of those words. Then continue and pray words to this effect: "Yahshua, I need you in my life. I've not been tremendously successful without you, and so now I'm going to try it your way. I repent and turn away of every wrong thing I've ever done, and receive the forgiveness that You offer. I believe that You are Yah God, and that you died and rose from death to conquer all the works of darkness. I surrender my life to You this day, and pledge to do my best to be obedient to You from this day forth. Make me a new creation, and I am now "born again" of the Spirit of Yah God. My spirit is now alive again Because of You, I will go to The New Jerusalem (Heaven) when I am changed into a sinless eternal being when you return. I pray all this in the Name of Yah Shua (Yah's salvation)."
1) Go tell somebody!"If you confess Me before men, I will confess you before my father."(Matt: 10:32) I'd love for you to let ME know. E-mail me,Daniel E-mail or write me, or whatever, I'd love to hear what Yah God did for you.
2) Get a Bible..Read it a little every day. You can get one from a bookstore or The American Bible Society, or even the library until you can find one you like. One recommended translation I use is "The Ready Research Bible Exegeses" by World Bible Publishers, Inc. ISBN 0-529-10056-8 by Herb Jahn, exegate. To exegate means to extract the original meaning of the text or word. I like this Bible because it corrects many misunderstandings that seen to confuse people. "All scripture is given by inspiration of YAH God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:" (2 Timothy 3:16, KJV). Read the whole Bible starting with the book of John in the New Testament. Then go to Genesis and read 3 to 5 chapters a day in the morning. If you wait until night you may put it off and get sleepy. Get up 45 Minutes early every day and start it out right. Remember, Men of religion put that page between the old and new testament, I prefer to read the Bible as the ongoing revelation of Yah veh God's agreement with mankind. Reading the old testament will help you to better understand what the new testament was written from and why.
3) Find a fellowship of followers of Messiah."Don't forsake the assembling of yourselves (followers of Messiah) together." Yah the eternal creator has got a home for you. Ask him to guide you to the fellowship of HIS followers. Contact me and let me know where you live and I might be able to guide you to a good group.
"....not forsaking our own assembling together, as the custom of some is, but exhorting (inspiring) one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day drawing nigh." (Hebrews 10:25). .
4) Pray daily. Talk to Yah God as you would a friend. The Spirit that is within you will put you in touch with Him. He does speak to us today, but you have to learn how to hear His voice. Yahshua said: "my sheep know my voice" , so if you prayed the prayer above then it won't be long before you will hear how the Spirit of Yah veh God speaks to the followers of Messiah.
5) Get Baptised by Emersion. That means to be dunked into water
and covered by the water for a breif moment. Yahshua (Jesus) was baptized
at the age of 30. Not sprinkled as a baby but dunked as a man by John the
Baptist. The scripture (Bible) says : "He went down into the water". This
is important as a sign that you are leaving the spiritually dead and joining
the family of the Spirit of LIFE in Yah the creator.